Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Scratch Game

I started to search the scratch site for games and found I was coming up with more art projects than games so I changed the tag to eating games.  I had better luck and played several and downloaded some to get ideas of what commands to use but I was still not there.  I continued to search healthy eating games and found a bacteria game.  I changed it to a eating game so I had a start.  I also like the idea of a trivia game so actual facts were presented.  I designed the game to give the player 3 lives and feedback as soon as the question was answered.  When the lives were all gone a message you lost was displayed and if the player finished the questions with at least one life left they won.  I wanted to add the eating game as a bonus to players who won but due to space restraints it was not possible.  Things I would change is I would have a sprite click the answer but could not seem to get this worked out.  I like that the questions can be easily changed for different levels of students and different content.  I do wish that the size limits could be expanded so more could be added.  I wonder how some of the games such as Mario based games worked with the size limits.  I really enjoyed playing all of the games we came up with and had many different ideas we came up with.  In looking for ideas I came accross so many different activities than could be used in the FACS classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are considering use video games in your FACS curriculum!

    ReplyDelete