Saturday, December 15, 2012

wk 12 activity 1


Element #1: Know your Audience
The audience was the students.  I sometimes have a hard time understanding the students voices and like the text used in the one video.  I am going to use a personal voice in my digital story because it is the story of how I got to this time in my life.

Element #2: Dramatic Question
I think that the dramatic question in the first video could have been changed or maybe they could have added more pictures of how Guam is being effected.  I did like how they made the video come back to them and showed that had a vested part of the video with the ending.
In my video the emphasis is on a little girl growing up but my ending is me today looking at a photo book reflecting all the photos I had just described.  Hopefully the viewer will get that fact.
Element #3: Emotional content
I think both videos were able to show emotion.  The videos both had a different emotional content, the first was sad and the second showed the mother’s love and wish to give culture to her children.  I have always been that mother who valued culture and tradition so I really like the second video.
Element #4: The gift of your voice
I think both videos did a good job of giving their work a voice.  I liked the second one because of the childrens’ voices and singing.  I also like using the two ladies in the first video to bring the story to life.

Element #5: The soundtrack
I think that one must be careful when using a soundtrack not to overpower the words.  I think that I am going to use narriation rather than a soundtrack.  I think a soundtrack works best with the use of words.
Element #6: Economy
I think both stories did a good job with this.  The pictures were there long enough but did not linger.
Element #7: Pacing
I thought the pacing of both videos was good.  One thing that I have found when making my PSA was how low to show the words compared to the picture.

1 comment: