Thursday, September 6, 2012

Great lesson learned

In these classes we often talk about how to include media and technology into the educational system.  I had a reality check last week,  I went to Ocean City NJ for a short vacation.  I took my laptop and books and planned to spend time each night working on my classes.  I checked before I booked the condo that it had internet availability and he did.  I thought I had a great plan.  I started to open Blackboard and had some trouble but did get it to open but that was about it.  I found out that this island, which is only 6 miles from Atlantic City which has many uses for internet services and uses much technology, had only one internet provider.  The service was poor at best and then I found out the hotel limits speed to make sure no one person uses to much bandwidth.  I could not get anything done and paying for it now having to play caught-up.  I will never forget that not all students have access to a well working internet.

1 comment: